Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Colored Pencils














The first weekend in October I attended a 3 day colored pencil seminar in Ajax...the course was taught by Janelle Johnson (http://www.janellejohnson.com/). It was a lot of fun and a lot of work, but I learned a lot, and, since returning home, I have been working on several projects. The first day of the course we completed the Baltimore Oriole in the Cottonwood, and on the second and third day we worked on Copper Still Life (I did not get this picture done, so I will post it when it is complete). I love colored pencils! It is so nice to work with just the pencils, a sharpener and scotch tape in front of you - no paint, no cleanup material, nothing to spill.....it is great. At this point, I realize I still have a lot to learn, so since returning home, I have been working on 'beginner' pieces. I have attached a pic of the two pieces I completed - Albert's Rose and Calla Lillies (both of these are patterns by Janelle Johnson). I do have some harder pieces to work on, and I plan to tackle them very soon.

Janelle was a wonderful instructor, and I certainly learned a lot from her. I feel with a little time and experience I will be able to convert some of my patterns into colored pencils, and I am really looking forward to the challenge.

Some of the girls in my Monday and Thursday art sessions have expressed an interest in working in this art form, so I expect to have some company while I am learning.

Well, I'm off to work with my colored pencils....I will post new projects and information soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment