Monday, May 10, 2010

Colored Pencils

Well, here I am again reporting on some colored pencil projects I have finished. I do have plans to work on some pen & ink pieces, but, right now, I am enjoying the pencils so much I just keep working on new c.p. projects.


The first project is called Daydreamer, and was designed by Pat Lentine (http://www.patlentine.com/). I love the simplicity of this design as well as the very subtle colour. There is really not a lot of colour on this piece - it is just tinted here and there, and the colour of the paper shows through in almost all areas. I have already picked out a picture (side profile) of my granddaughter, Abigail, which I plan to tackle with the col. pen., and I am going to use similar colours as are shown in this piece.





This project (Black-capped Chickadees and Cherries) was designed by Sherry Nelson, and can be found in her book Painting Garden Birds. All the instructions for this project were for oil paint, so I had to convert everything to colored pencils. I found the cherries rather challenging, but I loved working on the chickadee. When working with coloured pencils there is such a large range of colours to choose from that it is so easy to create the exact look and color you want.





Right now, that's all I have to share - I'm off to work on a project with two grosbeaks and fall leaves - will post it when I am finished.

The girls in my Monday and Tuesday art sessions are busy producing all kinds of interesting artwork, and I will post more of their finished pieces shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment