Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Colored Pencils and Pen and Ink

This is the last day of November! I can't believe where the time has gone.....it seems like yesterday that I was closing my cottage.

We have been very busy at our weekly art sessions and I will be posting some of the WONDERFUL artwork by the girls shortly.

In the meantime, I have completed a few pieces I would like to share with you.

This is a coloured pencil project called At the Beach and was designed by Pat Lentine. I absolutely love this design! I did the project on 8x10 sand colored mi-teintes paper. When I started this piece I thought the little girl's dress and hat would be the hardest part, but, it turned out the water was the most difficult. I really enjoyed working on this project.












Since it is the Christmas season, I decided to complete some decorations, so I got my pen and oil paints out, and this is what I came up with. The designs are by Jamie Mills-Price and are called Gingerbread Angels and Snow Angels....the patterns can be found in Jamie's book titled Between the Vines 10. These projects were done on wooden cutouts - I inked on the pattern then rouged on oil paint. I used acrylic paint for the dark blue dress, and also for the berries and other dots on the decorations. I think the angels are really cute - have to decide now whether to give them as gifts or keep them myself.














I am now working on a couple of large coloured pencil projects that will end up being Christmas presents. So, I won't be posting any new projects of mine until after Christmas. In the meantime, I have LOTS of very interesting projects the girls in our art sessions have completed - so, I will be posting these over the next while.

No comments:

Post a Comment