Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekly Art Sessions

Hi:

I hope everyone had a wonderful summer - I did, but, enough of the sun, eating, drinking, boating, etc......I am ready to grab my paint brush and get back to work. I am actually looking forward to getting into a rountine and working on some new projects.

Here are a few projects that were completed by the girls in the spring art sessions.

Meet Noella, Normand and Evelyn - Linda's cats. Linda used coloured pencils for this project, and it was done on 11x14 mi-teintes paper. She worked from individual photos of each cat. I think she did a remarkable job - everything about the cats, including the eyes, looks almost identical to the original photos.


This picture is lovely - don't know who the original artist was. Nancy used coloured pencils to complete this project, and she did a wonderful job - the folds in the dress and the skin tones turned out perfect, and I love the colour of the dress. This project was done on 11x14 mi-teintes paper.




Sue found a picture of this farm and decided to adapt it to coloured pencils. I don't know who the original artist was. It only took Sue a few hours to complete this and I think it turned out great. The colours she chose for everything are just perfect.



This is a picture of Linda's granddaughter, Marie Pier, and was taken from a photograph. Linda did this project in coloured pencil. The skin tones turned out great, as did the colours on the little jumpsuit and hat. I wondered how she was going to do the greenery and flowers (it is almost impossible with coloured pencils to put very light colours over dark) - but she managed to do a very good job!


That's it for now. I will be posting another blog within the next week or two with information about our fall art sessions, which start soon. I have also finished a couple of very interesting projects using texture, texture glass and stencils, which turned out great (at least, in my opinion, they did!!) - I will post them soon.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great day.

Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment